I wanted to show something different for this post. Sort of going with what I showed two posts ago (the rotating skull). We've been looking a lot into 3D in Flash and what we can do with it, and one of the things we're working on is making future Escape Games in 3D. We have one in development right now that uses Away3D and it is advancing a lot faster than we anticipated. It will probably be completed before Zombie Hunter Kimbley. I'm working on an editor right now that will allow me to easily take a 3D scene and turn it into an escape game, and once it's done we'll be able to use it to make multiple First Person 3D games. Here's a screenshot of the current version of the editor.

What 'thk' means?
ReplyDeleteTHK normally stands for Tehum Heram Kelvak. Tehum is the name of the planet most of the humans live on in the Twin Moon Galaxy games, and Heram Kelvak is the name of the owner of the THK Corporation.
ReplyDeleteHowever, the real origin of THK is that before being TEKOROBO or TEKO, the name of our website was once called Teh-Ko. By removing the vowels and the dash we got THK and I decided to put that in the Twin Moon Galaxy games as a kind of unknown reference to our old website name.
Ah ha, thanks :)
ReplyDeleteI am Korean and I'm fan of the thk games. I watched 'Twin moon galaxy: Invasion' trailer almost 100times! But I am not sure I understood full story of game :( Can you tell me the story of twin moon galaxy?
And I want to know many things of twin moon galaxy. Etc; what GCA do.
ReplyDeleteYeah the story is a bit confusing right now because it's only been presented partially through the few games we've made. That's why Twin Moon Galaxy: Invasion has been delayed for a while now. It's currently being made as 5 different games that will tell the whole story from the beginning to the end.
ReplyDeleteHowever, here's a re-cap of the story so far without going into too many details:
Humans live in three places: Planet Tehum, Planet Naselje and the Space Station. So far the only place we've seen in the games is the Space Station at the beginning of Twin Moon Galaxy: THK58
There are two major organizations: THK and GCA. THK is the company in charge of travel between the two planets and the space station. GCA is a government agency in charge of security of the two planets and they also do secret experiments.
The story begins with the game Escape the GCA Lab, Maia is an experiment of the GCA and she somehow manages to escape from the lab she was in. After escaping from this lab she managed to get on board the THK58. The THK58 is a large space carrier that carries cargo and people between the two planets.
The story then continues in Escape from the THK58, the ship is suddenly attacked and Sarah, an engineer working on the THK58, has to escape from the ship. Afterwards she ends up on the Space Station.
One week after the THK58 was attacked, no one has heard anything from the THK58, so Sarah decides that she wants to return and search for survivors. Jack Zervus, a medical offier who worked for the GCA before, goes with her. However, Jack is also searching for Maia who was last seen heading towards the THK58. So they both go back to the THK58 and what they find is that the ship has been attacked by aliens.
In the end they find Maia and the Commander of the ship (who happens to be Sarah's uncle). Maia reveals that it was her and the GCA that called the aliens, and then the ship approaches planet Tehum and seems to be about to crash.
I hope it makes sense! Basically the THK58 was attacked by aliens, and Maia who is an experiment of the GCA is responsible for the aliens being there, and now the ship is about to crash on Tehum and the aliens are coming to invade the planet.
WOW, I think it has so dramatic story. Thank you so much
ReplyDelete