Sunday, August 19, 2012

Zombie Hunter Kimbley: Screenshots from the actual game!

Things are still advancing slowly, but they are advancing at least. A few weeks ago we released our latest game, Escape the GCA Lab (The prequel to Escape from the THK58). If anyone hasn't tried it, you can play it directly on TEKOROBO.COM here: http://tekorobo.com/games.php?id=8

As for our next projects, we have a few things in development right now, but there's not much to show except of course for the game I've posted a few times about already, Zombie Hunter Kimbley. This is probably the game we've worked on the longest so far. The game itself has been in development since 2010, but I started developing the engine in 2008. The engine was created, then drastically modified to use the mouse instead of the keyboard for movement, then re-done completely to work better, and then about two weeks ago I had to re-code most of the functions because it lagged too much when you would try to walk around in large maps. (Evil Office Fish Man is the only game that was created using the first version of the engine) 

However, after all this time it's really starting to feel like the end is approaching. Most of the graphics for the game are done, and now half of the maps are done as well, so finally after all this time I can show some screenshots which are not in some random room, but in actual rooms that you will encounter when you play the game! Here's three screenshots to get started. In the coming weeks I'll be posting some more as the maps and events get completed, and we'll also be releasing a trailer for the game very soon. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Alex, I played that new escape game you came up with and I almost finished it but I'm stuck on the math question. A=B(40)-C? Mathematics and numbers are my weak point...I don't know the answer so I'm stuck inside that lab with nowhere to go! Help me escape! I can't believe a math question is the only thing stopping me from gaining my freedom! I need the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eric, yeah the math question can be a little tricky. You should have the values for A and B first.

    A is the number of cans in the lab (in the view you start after breaking out of the capsule.
    B is the circled number on the calendar.

    After that use this function instead to find C.

    C = B(?) - A

    So, let's say the number of cans was 5 and the circled number was 3, and the formula looked like this:

    A = B(40) - C

    Then solve it with this instead:

    C = 3(40) - 5, so C would be 115. Then combine the three with A, B and C to get 53115 which will be the login ID to use on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K thanks Alex. I now know the formula and shouldn't have any more problems. I haven't down algebra since I dropped out of High school 10 years ago. So I should be able to solve the problem now with the explanation you gave me.

    ReplyDelete